Enter Text Here
Job Description: Executive Director
Applications now being accepted. Closing date January 4, 2020
JOB TITLE: Executive Director
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Chair Person of the Board of Directors
Education: Bachelor of Science degree or work related experience of 5 years, preferable in Law Enforcement
Status: Part-time (30 hours per week)
Schedule: Flexible as needed
Salary: This is a salaried position. The salary range is $28,000 - $32,000 per year, with vacation/sick benefits.
Vehicle: Use of personal vehicle to conduct Heartland Crime Stoppers business will be reimbursed at the State of Florida approved mileage rate
- Description: The Executive Director, with the assistance and direction of the Board of Directors, shall provide the day-to-day management and coordination of the Heartland Crime Stoppers Program and staff.
- Fiscal responsibilities: The Executive Director is responsible for developing the Program’s budget for Board approval and submitting payments for monthly expenditures. The Executive Director is also responsible for submitting reimbursement request to the Attorney General’s Office on a monthly basis.
- Law Enforcement Liaison: The Executive Director is responsible for the coordination of activities with all Law Enforcement Agencies within the Program’s boundaries.
- Media Relations: The Executive Director will work with media representatives to coordinate and ensure publicity, coverage, and general marketing for Heartland Crime Stoppers.
- Community Relations: The Executive Director shall be the information resource to the community regarding the operation, financing, effectiveness, and overall mission and goals of Heartland Crime Stoppers. The Executive Director shall make presentations to civic groups, schools, churches, government agencies, or any other group or organization.
- Tips: It is in the Executive Director’s responsibility to assure that information received on the Program’s tip lines is properly documented, distributed and coordinated with Law Enforcement. All matters regarding the identity of a person providing a Crime Stoppers tip shall remain strictly confidential. The Executive Director is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of persons providing tips.
- Supervision: The Executive Director will have the overall responsibility for the supervision of the Tips Coordinator and Administrative Assistant, and the implementation of personnel policies, as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Voting: The Executive Director shall not be a voting member of the Board of Directors
- Fund Raising: Any Fund raising activity done by the Executive Director may not be conducted as part of regular hours as reimbursed by the Office of the Attorney General Crime Stoppers Trust Fund. All fund raising will be done in addition to regular work hours.
- Other Duties: The Executive Director shall perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Chair of the Board.
JOB LOCATION AND STRUCTURE:
The Executive Director will work primarily out of the Heartland Crime Stoppers Program Office.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please sent your resume and a letter of interest to:
Heartland Crime Stopper
1891 Jim Keene Blvd
Winter Haven, FL 33880